How to apply:
Download and complete the application form below
Download Application Form
Entry is free, but you are urged to make sure you give yourself every chance by taking care with your submission.
- Applicants, particularly performance artists, must submit examples of their work in the form of images, audio or video, recorded to a professional standard on CD, DVD, USB or electronically
- Visual artists may include up to 12 images of their work, with a chronology of work submitted
- Original artwork and examination portfolios should not be submitted with your application, although the judges may ask to see original work during the adjudication process
- You must send a stamped self-addressed envelope with your application if you wish your support material to be returned
The closing date is 30 September in the year of submission.
To qualify for The Robert Juniper Award for the Arts you must be:
- A young artist working in any art form, for example, visual arts, craft, performing arts, literature, film or music
- Under the age of 35 years on 31 December in the year of application
- Able to demonstrate a significant association with the Shire of Mundaring
- Working towards a specific project to assist in your further education or experience for the development of your arts practice for which you need financial assistance
NOTE: From 2014, previous winners of the Award or a Mundaring Arts Scholarship are not eligible to apply. Members of the immediate families of the Trustees are not eligible to apply.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who can Apply?
You must be under the age of 35 (formerly 25) on December 31st of the year of application. You must be living, studying or working in the Mundaring Shire, or have done so for most of your life.
What kind of artists can apply?
All forms of art will be considered, for example visual arts, craft, performing arts, literature, film and music.
What is the scholarship to be used for?
To assist young people in their development and education as artists.
Where do I send my application?
Your application should be sent to:
Mundaring Bicentennial Scholarship Trust
c/o Shire of Mundaring
7000 Great Eastern Highway
Mundaring WA 6073
Who can give me further information?
The Trust Secretary, Chris Durrant by phone: 9299 6093 or email: email@example.com
When will I know the results of my application?
Advice will be sent to the winners by December 1st and unsuccessful applicants will be advised shortly afterwards.